STA Coach Tours LTD
COVID-19 Risk Assessment for Private Coach Hire
STA Coach Tours Ltd has been absolutely committed to the safety of their passengers ever since the company was established. Whilst we face new safety challenges to our operation, our commitment to passenger wellbeing remains our first priority. This document outlines the risks we have assessed in passenger transportation and what we are doing to minimise the risks as far as possible.
“Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to develop serious illness. The best way to prevent and slow down transmission is be well informed about the COVID19 virus, the disease it causes and how it spreads. Protect yourself and others from infection by washing your hands or using an alcohol based rub frequently and not touching your face. The COVID-19 virus spreads primarily through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose when an infected person coughs or sneezes, so it’s important that you also practice respiratory etiquette (for example, by coughing into a flexed elbow).” World Health Organisation, 2020
Our Risk Controls:
1. Signage on board vehicles promoting social distancing on private hire services
2. Safety screens behind the driver to aid social distancing
3. Drivers issued with visors to ensure further protection when in close proximity to customers 4. on private hires, sitting or standing side-by-side or behind other people, rather than facing them. Customers will be requested to load from the back and empty from the front
5. Where possible, drivers will alight the vehicle before passengers embark or disembark to reduce interaction.
Cleaning and Sanitisation
1. Enhanced daily cleaning and sanitisation regimes, including antiviral disinfection fogging of vehicles every 24 hours
2. Disinfection of high-touch areas between every journey
Customer Management & Facilities
1. Mandatory requirement for customers to wear a face covering when onboard the vehicle; unless the customer is part of an exempt group or has a medical condition which prevents the wearing of a mask / face covering.
2. Hand Sanitizer stations on board every vehicle at the entrance / exit for passenger use.
3. Extensive communication to customers of Covid procedures prior to booking.
4. Private groups to Temperature screen all customers over 18 before travel, provide list of names and contact details.
5. Outright ban on passenger standing anywhere on the coach.
6. Outright ban on the consumption of food or drink on board the vehicle, with the exception of bottled water.
1. Management and supervisory structures to allow for regular oversight of all control measures in place.
2. Monitoring programmes for audit and quality assurance purposes.
3. Additional training of all staff members in awareness of COVID risks and best practice to mitigate the risk
4. Temperature screening of employees prior to starting work
5. PPE issued to all drivers; namely face coverings, gloves and hand sanitizer.
Evaluation and Results
Based on our evaluation of the current control systems being deployed, we are confident that the risks posed by COVID-19 are reduced as low as feasibly possible within our working environment and on-board our vehicles.
For further information on safer working principles and risk assessment for transport operators and organisations please refer to the government website.
STA Coach Tours LTD COVID-19 Risk Assessment